Welcome to Vagabundo Magazine,
It’s with great pleasure that I announce the launch of Vagabundo Magazine, a travel magazine for the independent traveller. Whether you are someone who gets out and experiences the world independently on a general basis or someone who dreams of tackling adventure head on Vagabundo is for you. Within the pages of Vagabundo we will publish articles of adventure and misadventures, articles that inspire and evoke emotion, and articles that promote the idea of travelling for the greater good. Those of us who travel know how much can be gained from it. We understand how travel has a way of making us smarter, more engaged citizens of the world. We understand how through travel we learn how we can change the world for the better. Withing the pages of Vagabundo Magazine we hope to provoke the sense of a travel as a meaningful endeavor capable of creating a positive global community.
What is Vagabundo Magazine?
Vagabundo Magazine is an online travel magazine that is created and inspired by Brendan van Son. It is an outlet for travel related stories from a little off the mainstream. The target audience of Vagabundo is 18-50 years old with a sense of adventure and independence.
How can we Read Vagabundo Magazine?
- Daily Content: Five times a week there will be articles published online right here. They will follow under the heading of one of our seven columns, which are explained a little bit later on. If you wish to receive Vagabundo Magazine daily the best way is to sign up for our RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/vagabundomagazine/ISqZ
- Weekly “Quick Mag”: As not to overflow your email inbox daily, Vagabundo Magazine will be sending out free Sunday “Quick Mag” to email subscribers. This Quick Mag will include a quick editorial from editor-in-chief Brendan van Son, excerpts to each of the week’s featured articles, and a bit of a teaser as to what’s to come in the week ahead. Quick Mag subscribers will also be given the added benefit of receiving the first quarterly eMagazine after they subscribe free of charge.
- The eMagazine: Vagabundo Magazine will be publishing an eMagazine every quarter, starting at the end of Decemeber. The eMagazine will feature the absolute best work from the quarter. It will include 5-7 featured articles that will only be published in the magazine as well as the best 5-7 articles from the quarter. Think eBook, but in a magazine style. As mentioned, subscribers to the Quick Mag will be sent a PDF copy of the first published eMagazine after their subscription free of charge. For those who don’t subscribe the eMagazine will be available for either download on PDF (0.99$) or to their Kindle for just 1.49$.
Vagabundo is broken down into 7 different categories and a weekly editorial spot from myself. It is possible to subscribe to just one column or another via your RSS feed. If you click the title of each column you will be given it’s specific RSS feed which you’ll then need to manually install to your feed.
- Adventures Spot: Articles about great adventures. They could be a day adventure like an intense mountain bike ride, or a splash through the river on a raft. Or they could me more epic stories, articles about a 5 day 4×4 self-drive safari or a trek to an ancient ruin. Adventure spot articles will always get your heart pumping with… well, adventure.
- Destination Features: This column is pretty self-explanatory I think. These are articles with the destination in mind. Sometimes they might include guides to a city, and other times they may be descriptive stories about a specific destination.
- Helping Hand: We firmly believe that everyone should lend a helping hand while they travel. Whether a story about volunteering, a conservation project, or just helping out a fellow traveller or local when they needed it, these are features about people going out of their way to make the world a better place.
- Misadventure Tales: The writer’s pain is our fun, as stories about robberies, lost luggage, lost people, and other misadventures always make for great stories.
- Photo Corner: A featured travel photo along with a quick description of the location, or the story behind the photo.
- Tales from the Road: 1st person accounts about a great travel experience. These stories can be as varied as an article about a camel trek through the safari, a day hike in the Alps, or even about meeting a really special person.
- The View from “Off the Sidewalk”: At Vagabundo Magazine we love getting off the beaten track. Our editor, Brendan van Son, calls it getting “Off the Sidewalk.” These are stories about destinations that are less known, less travelled, and less appreciated.
- The Editor’s Desk: This is the Editor’s weekly spot which will come up each and every Sunday. Could be a rant or it might be some words of inspiration you’ll just have to tune in to find out.
What else can we Do?
- Like us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vagabundotravel
- Like us on facebook for a chance to win a free photo print of your choice from editor Brendan van Son
- Follow us on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/#!/VagabundoTravel
- Sign up for updates via one of our many options: http://www.vagabundomagazine.com/subscribe/