It’s that time again at Vagabundo Magazine. We’re done gloating about how amazing our last issue of the magazine was (and it was amazing), and now we’re moving forward to the next collection of travel pieces which is due out early October. The theme for that magazine is “Off the Beaten Path” so please cater your pitches to that theme.
As usual, we love getting the freelance writers and photographers involved in the process. We already have some of the magazine sorted out, but we are still looking for the following content and really hope you submit.
What we’re looking for:
1 – Long Feature (1200-2000 words): We’re looking for an article with great photos from Eastern/Southern Africa. (Pay $100)
2 – Short Features (800-1200 words): We’re specifically looking for articles from South America, Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. (pay $45)
Photo Essay (5-7 images): We’re looking for a photo essay from Off-the-Beaten-Path Europe. You will be required to caption each image as well. (Pay $50-70)
Shutter Spot: Horizontal images only. We’re looking for 5 in total. ($25)
How to Submit:
- Send an email with the title “October Submission” to editor(at)vagabundomagazine(dot)com
- Include a quick pitch about the story you would like to write.
- Include a quick bio about yourself and your writing/photography history
- Please include an image preview (or multiple) but cut down the image sizes to 600pix on the widest edge.
- Deadline for submissions is Sept. 10th
I’m looking forward to seeing the submission!
Brendan van Son