I’m currently avoiding the process of packing my bags for my trip from Colombia and New York City. I’m also procrastinating putting the finishing touches on the magazine before sending it into the developers to convert it into products ready for Zinio, Kindle and iPads. I’m really excited for everyone to check out the first issue, we’ve got articles and photos in the magazine coming from basically everywhere on the world map. We’ve got an article from Palawan in the Philippians, from Romania, Panama/Colombia, Pakistan and South Africa.
Enough about the Magazine. You’re buying photos?
Yes, as some of you already know we run a daily travel photo for South America at http://www.vagabundosouthamerica.com. The goal is to eventually get to the point where we are showcasing daily travel photos from each continent. My next country on that list is Africa. We’re hoping to launch Vagabundo Africa by January 1st, and we are looking for contributing images.
How does it work?
Quite simple, if you’ve been to any country in Africa and you have some images that you think are worthy of being published online for the world to see, let us know. We are paying 2US$ per image and will not take groups of any less than 5 images. Basically, if you sell us 5 images you make $10, sell us 30 images and make $60. Not bad right?
What about image rights?
You maintain all of the rights to the image. In selling us the image you only give us the use to use that image on VagabundoAfrica.com or Vagabundomagazine.com.
What if I have published the image somewhere else before?
We only want images that haven’t been published anywhere else. If that image has just been posted to a photo sharing site like flickr or facebook that’s not an issue. We just don’t want images that have been published on other blogs or online magazines.
What type of images do you want?
All types are wanted, but we would like high quality images first and foremost. Whether your images are wildlife, people, landscapes or cities all will be looked at.
How do I send in an image?
If you’re interested in sending in a group of images follow the following steps:
- Shrink the image down to 900 pixels on the widest edge. Make sure the image is in jpeg form.
- Make the image file name the country where it was taken. If you have 10 images from South Africa that you would like to submit make them: Southafrica1.jpeg, southafrica2.jpeg, etc.
- Attach the images to an email.
- In the body of the email add the exact location each image was taken, and what the subject of the image is. For example: SouthAfrica1 – A male lion; Photo taken in Kruger National Park
- Send email to photos(AT)vagabundomagazine.com
- Wait for a response email. In the response email you will be told which images have been accepted and will be sent a form which needs to be filled out and returned to us.
- Once the form is filled out and returned to us you will be paid for the use of the images via paypal.